How To Watermark Photos
With Visual Watermark, watermaking photos is easy like A-B-C and really fast. All you have to do is to perform four simple steps. And you are done.
Step 1 – Select Photos
First, you should select photos to be watermarked. To select photos, click ‘Select Images’ button. This invokes the ‘Open File’ dialog. You can select all or individual photos in a folder. To select all photos contained in a folder, select the folder, or press Ctrl+A on Windows or Cmd+A on Mac. You can also add photos and/or folders with photos to the list via drag & drop.
To clear selected images, click ‘Clear’ button.
Step 2 – Choose Your Watermark Template
Visual Watermark ships with 12 built-in watermark templates. A watermark can contain a logo and up to three text lines which can be changed on the next step. Select the required template and proceed.
To provide your own logo, select a watermark template with white circle. Click to select it on the next step, then click ‘Change Logo’ button on the right.
Step 3 – Personalize Your Watermark
At this step, you can customize the entire watermark (position, rotation, opacity and auto-scale) and make it look personal. Depending on a template you’ve been selected at previous step, you should specify your own logo and text (title and/or subtitle).
To select a watermark element (logo or text), click it once. The second click selects the entire watermark.
Once a watermark or its element is selected, the Move and Scale buttons are automatically displayed. All available customization options are displayed to the right.
Watermark customization options include:
- Ability to scale, rotate and move the watermark at the specified location.
- Ability to specify the watermark’s opacity.
- Ability to specify 2 of 66 visual effects.
- Enable the Tile option to fill images with your watermark.
- 260 fonts.
- 100 transparency levels.
- Ability to specify the text brightness and color using the Color Wheel.
- Ability to specify your own logo and remove the background color from it.
Step 4 – Specify Output Settings and Run Watermarking
Visual Watermark provides the following output options:
- Output Folder. Click ‘Change’ and select the required folder. Note you cannot export images to the folder which contains original images.
- Image Quality. Choose one of the following compression levels: Medium, Good, Superb and Maximum. The higher image quality (resolution), though, the larger the file size.
- Resize Photos. Select one of the following resize methods: Do not resize images, Fit image width (to the specified number of pixels), Fit image height (to the specified number of pixels), Fit width and height (to the specified number of pixels). Don’t publish high-res photos online to avoid them from being stolen.
- Rename Photos. You can leave file names unchanged or provide new names to prettify camera file names.
- Metadata Copyright. Allows you to specify your copyright and contact information. This information is added into the image metadata (EXIF) and isn’t visible. It can be read using the file dialog (Windows) and Preview app (Mac).
- Auto-Scale Watermarks. If this option is enabled, Visual Watermark automatically adjusts the size of watermarks for cropped and hi-res images in the same batch.
Once all required output settings are specified, click ‘Watermark’ to start watermarking your photos.
Free version. About 30 seconds to download.