Figuring Photographer Business Taxes

Figuring small business/self-employed taxes
Copyright © 2008 kozumel

As a self-employed artist, or photographer, you have to pay an ordinary income tax as everybody else does and additional “self-employment” tax which does not exist for people living on a wage.

Self-employment tax

Self-employment tax is social security contributions for a photographer/artist. Normally, when you are employed by someone else, the employer is responsible for these payments. However, when you are a freelancer, you must pay the full amount yourself.

read more