I’m sorry for not writing for so long, but we wanted to release ASAP and had no time for the newsletter. But…** We’re ready to show you the first version of the program!**
The most important thing… a download link: /download-vw-mac
And here you can find a quick introduction to the program: http://www.vimeo.com/24111408
What this version does:
- It watermarks JPG, PNG, GIF and BMP files;
- It uses all your CPU cores to watermark your pictures very quickly;
- It allows the creation of semi-transparent text watermarks;
- It renders text much better than Windows-based version does;
- It correctly places watermarks on both portrait and landscape pictures;
- It allows format conversion.
What this version doesn’t (yet!):
- It doesn’t auto-scale watermarks: if some of your pictures are bigger than others, you may have cropped watermarks;
- It has no effects except transparency;
- It has no picture-based watermarks;
- It misses a rotation and tile functions.
We’re going to release all these missing functions during the next months. This will make Visual Watermark on a par with its Windows-based version, or even better.
Please note that this is a first release and it may contain a number of issues like not working icon in the Applications stack. After downloading and installing on your computer, consider two things:
- Don’t watermark your originals. Always have a backup copy before watermarking.
- If you experience any problems, inconveniences or have strong suggestions, email me about them! My email address is ivan [at] visualwatermark.com
About pricing. This beta version is free and it will work until June 25. After that date, you will need to purchase a final version, or remove the program. I will publish a purchase link to you when I have one. If you’ve previously paid for the Windows-based version, you will get a Mac-version for free. You will need to email me after we have a working order link for the Mac-version and ask for a key.
Thank you for your time. I hope you enjoy the program.